Saturday, March 19, 2011

Things to Feel Good About

So now we wait. Again. There really is no end to the waiting in this game is there?

I call with my next CD1 and we do a bunch of baseline stuff & blood work. Depending on our calendars and my cycle lengths, I will probably start BCP in early May. In the meantime, I don't really have much to report. I'm trying to focus right now on the good stuff, things I can be grateful for in the midst of all that is so unfair about this situation.

Aside from the fabulous support group I've found here and on Twitter...
  • I already have most of the meds I will need for IVF and what I don't yet have, shouldn't be too costly.
  • Our cars are both paid off.
  • My student loans are all paid off.
  • Our back taxes are all paid off.
  • Our only remaining debts are our mortgage and one credit card (though it IS a doozy).
  • Prof has contracts booked through the end of 2011. This is huge!
  • 2010 tax materials have been passed to the accountant and she said they "look good". No whammy, no whammy!
  • We have not yet needed to use the (tiny, tiny) savings we put away last year (knock on wood).
  • The weather should only improve from here on out.
  • My boss is back in the office, so my work stress should decrease.
These are all good things. Breathe in, breathe out. Let go.

6 comments:

  1. Those are definitely some things to feel great about! Keep on breathing... time will pass and notable things other than chronic waiting will happen again! (A thing I keep reassuring myself with.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck! Hoping this round comes quickly and brings success!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listen Brave and strong girl... you are doing amazing and you will get through this time. Patients is the bitch of IVF cycles, but she too can be tamed. Keep doing things that you find enjoyable and keep your head up.

    Thinking of you~

    ReplyDelete
  4. It helps to focus on the good things, I'm trying to do the same. Keep going, you'll get there. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep breathing in and out! :-)
    This is a great position to be in ahead of your cycle and it's so good to try and look on the bright side. Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very impressed to see how organized you are - how you are focussing on the positive - and how you put your time to such good use!

    ReplyDelete