Saturday, March 26, 2011

Siren Song of a Seed Packet

The ground is still covered with a light blanket of snow. The temperatures have been topping out in the low 30's. I hate working out in the yard at any time of year.

And yet.

With the imminent change of seasons, out come the display racks filled with colorful seed packets. And I can never resist. Last year it was parsley. This year, I bought cilantro seeds because I always resent buying the huge bunches in the produce section at the grocery (seriously, who needs that much cilantro?). Whether or not I will actually PLANT the seeds is another question entirely. But I just couldn't resist the little yellow envelope. I never can.

Hope springs eternal in almost every aspect of my life. I cannot for the life of me fathom how or why.

2 comments:

  1. Cilantro is a very divisive herb. People either love it or they hate it. I'm in the hate it camp. It tastes like dirty grass. However, I hope you enjoy some lovely tacos with it :)

    I love planting stuff too. Doesn't always (or even often) work out so well, but it's still fun to try.

    ReplyDelete