Sunday, March 6, 2011

No News Is... No News

I don't really have much to say at the moment.* Still in the Pre-IVF Planning stage so nothing to report IF-wise. My iPhone tells me yesterday should have been my peak fertile day (cue psychotic laughter) so Prof and I have been relating appropriately. I believe there is a saying about counting chickens or eggs or something? I confess I don't honestly believe this is baby making sex, but the intimacy feels nice.

I'm clamboring back onto the weight loss bandwagon. I was doing really well in January and kind of slacked off during our final IUI cycle and subsequent vacation. I don't think I put any weight back on, but I lost my momentum. I'm renewing my commitment to that effort. Seeing the success of my efforts and feeling my waistbands loosen up was such a boost to my self esteem and I really want some more of that! Like so many others, I feel like this is one of the few things I can really control in my life, so I want to exert that control.

Cat One had to have some dental work done a couple of weeks ago. She has had this several times, poor thing. She really got some crap genetic cards dealt to her in the tooth department. This time was much better than the last (when we almost lost her to the anesthesia) but I really lost my shit when I left her at the vet and two weeks later she's STILL licking the shaved place on her leg where they put the IV for the procedure. Hurts my heart to see her worry that spot raw.

My boss is out of the hospital and resting at home. Thank you for your thoughts on her behalf. The plan is for her to return to the office mid-month. This is a huge improvement over the initial outlook. We were warned it could be three months before she could come back. Now she'll be back after only 6 weeks out - she's turned out to be quite the rockstar in the healing department. To say we've really missed her doesn't quite cover it. Nothing to what her family must have felt.

I mentioned on Twitter recently that I've been feeling like I'm mostly just watching other people's lives go by me. I'm not doing the IF obsessive thing, I just don't feel like I'm doing much of anything. Perhaps I Let Go just a little too much? I feel like I need to live it up a little.

*That was awfully long post for not having anything to say...

No comments:

Post a Comment