I've seen quite a few other bloggers and tweeps who used it, but they usually just refer obliquely to ickiness, build-up and discharge. I hadn't really seen any practical suggestions for minimizing the ick. So for the benefit of anyone who hasn't taken this form of progesterone, but wants to know, here are the tips I got from my IF Twitter girls. If you have experience with Crinone, feel free to leave your own tips & tricks in the comments! For anyone else, this may be TMI in a big way. Consider yourself forewarned!
- Wear all cotton underwear, and not your nicer selections.
- Wear a liner if you don't mind them.
- There will be build-up. Be pro-active about removing it.
- You will need to go in and remove the build-up yourself. Do this in the shower.
- Your insides will feel very strange indeed.
- No douche allowed.
- Side effects include: sore boobs, constipation, bloating, headaches and more.
- You may have to wait a few days for CD1 if you get negative beta and stop taking the medicine.