Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Bless My Poor Little Ovaries

It's funny, having adopted my philosophy of Letting Go, my attitude about my ovaries has been shifting. For the longest time, I've been resentful of them. I've called them names and cursed them for their slacker ways. I've blamed them over and over for all of the heartache of the last two years.

But in the last month or so, I've noticed that when I do think about them* it's with a feeling more akin to pity. Bless them, the poor little things. I've been pushing them so hard, bombarding them with hormones and they really are trying to perform, and I believe now that they are actually doing their best.

Brace yourselves, dear ovaries. You ain't seen the worst of it yet!

*Seriously though, how many women actually spend any time considering their ovaries? I'm betting it's just us IF'ers.

8 comments:

  1. I talk to my ovaries. A lot. Okay, well, just the one that acts up. And as much as I hate it for acting up, I do feel sorry for it. I'm ready to put the poor thing out of its misery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, not only do I talk to my ovaries, I blog to them as well. good for you for trying to be kinder to them, they are working hard and are going to work even harder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ovaries do get kind of bad rap around here. I'll give them some encouragement too - yay ovaries! I don't talk to my reproductive parts, just my brain. And not so much talk as threaten.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do i see a blog name change here? Blessie O?

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) this made me smile. I think we all do this to. thanks for sharing this. my heart goes out to your poor ovaries (and mine too).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I talk to my ovaries. I get angry with them when they cause me pain, but do try to feel sympathy for them. It's not *their* fault really. Who knows, maybe they will respond better with this new gentle approach?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I SHOULD feel sorry for them, but my Righty definitely has an attitude problem. It's my poor uterus that I feel sorry for -- it's doing it's job. Why can't the others cooperate?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also always thought of my ovaries with a bit of pity. They are, as your blog title indicates, just laszy little buggers! Who can blame them, anyway? I'd be lazy too after 13 years of natural non-activity plus 10 years of hormone-induced non-activity. Suddenly we expect them to perform? Not fair!!

    ReplyDelete