So I knew where I was. I thought... well, I thought wrong. Where I am is in limbo.
My beta was scheduled for Saturday (two days ago), but since we were leaving town Friday, I used an HPT that morning. Negative, followed by heavy spotting. Ah well. That's what I was expecting... nothing to see here folks... move along!
I called my RE's nurse line and talked to them about this situation, explained about our travel plans and asked for guidance. The nurse told me to continue to take the progesterone until I saw full flow, which was a bummer since we were going to be staying with family and they don't know we are dealing with infertility. What's that in the cooler case you just stuck in our fridge? Errr... ummmm... nothing to see here folks! Move along! With the spotting came a killer headache, so I assumed my period would appear any moment and took a prescription painkiller. Sweet relief!
I decided that I would indulge myself a bit on our little vacation (see my last post about resentment), so Saturday morning I drank a cup of coffee. Spotting continued, but still no full flow and Saturday evening I had a glass of wine after dinner. I will admit that I was a little surprised to still be spotting, but... *shrug*. Come the end of Sunday, the spotting had all but stopped with never a drop of red blood, but the headache was back. Still no change this morning, and I'm debating calling my RE but I KNOW what they'll say. Go for the beta. But I'm still out of town. POAS? But I'm not comfortable doing that in this house. So I won't call. If I still don't have my period when we get home, I'll go for the beta Wednesday morning. But I don't really think this is a good thing. I have no symptoms, other than headaches, light spotting and period-like cramping.
I was sitting here with a frown on my face and sighing, while contemplating the What If elephant in the room. The Professor asked me if I was sad, and I said, "Not really, my uterus is just clearly confused". His reply?
It's a confuterus?
Oh, how I love him.
UPDATED: A mere matter of hours later, and I've got full flow. I'll call the RE in the morning and schedule the baseline.