Monday, January 24, 2011

The POAS Test

I seem to be running up against my first series of tests in the Year of Letting Go. Yesterday was the one-year anniversary of my miscarriage. I was pleasantly surprised to be totally OK with the anniversary. And admittedly a little surprised not to be more hopeful about my late period.

Yep. According to my iPhone app, my period is three days late. I didn't bother to track this cycle, so I have no idea when I ovulated, but my iPhone has yet to be wrong about CD1. I hesitated to POAS because I don't have any symptoms (of pregnancy or impending period) and I really didn't want to do anything to disturb the peace.

But.

There was ONE stick in the house, and there's always a chance... always a little hope, right? So yesterday, on CD28 (MysteryDPO), I peed on a stick. And the stick said No. Actually, the stick said "Not Pregnant" because the only one in the house was one of those fancy digital ones, but you get my drift.

Amazingly, I passed the POAS test as well.

BFN but the Peace reigns undisturbed.

11 comments:

  1. glad that peace still reigns- bfn's aren't easy any way you slice them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah darn--I was getting excited at the beginning of this post because the one time my iPod was wrong, I was pregnant.

    Sorry about the BFN.

    -Elphaba

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh eff. I'm sorry, Slackie. I was so excited reading down your post b/c I thought for sure you'd surprise me with a BFP. I know it's coming soon for you, though. Very, very soon. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice. Good work, way to be Zen. I need to emulate your behavior. But I am sorry it was a bfn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on passing the tests. It just shows that you are a strong person ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. POAS is hard! Good for you <3 Too bad you didn't receive a surprise... but all in all I'm glad the anniversary did not bring you down. That's the best we can hope for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damn! I thought you were going for a BFP there...sorry. I am so pleased you feel at peace with things though. That is the biggest struggle and the rest of the journey will be that much easier. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry about the BFN, but I am glad you are feeling peace and that the anniversary didn't disturb your zen. I admire your strength.

    Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sticks are evil, so sorry. I'm glad it didn't phase you. I was hoping this subject was a great surprise! I'm glad to see you're keeping peace. I blame the iPhone app!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry about the BFN, but glad to see you remain peaceful and dare I say hopeful. Now if only this iPhone app could tell us when you're going to get pregnant, right?! Someone has to come up with that one and make millions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boo about the BFN but I am so glad to hear that peace still reigns in the Slackie household.

    ReplyDelete