Thursday, October 25, 2012

Hindsight

I had to go back and review my notes from the mock cycle to check if the side effects I'm seeing now are a repeat of those I had previously. Good news? They are. I'm so glad I took notes!

The crazy thoughts and fears, the bloating... all down to lup.ron. And lo and behold, now that my estrogen is rising, the crazy is fading fast (though not the bloat... sad trombone). Knowing the crazy for what it was made it SO much easier to ride it out this time. I've really been surprisingly calm so far, though a little more diligent about my meds schedule than I was during the mock cycle. I am also loving the smaller estrogen patches y'all. I am now sporting four of these little transparent beauties and I barely know they are there! I love them even more for having been covered by insurance...

We have not yet received an update on our donor, but she is stimming now. We are hoping to get an update in the next few days. Trigger should be sometime next week and at that time, Prof will get his appointment to drop off our swim team on retrieval day.

7 comments:

  1. Yay for blogs and notes.
    I kept an excel spreadsheet for the meds schedule, especially for the changing of the patches. And I set my phone to beep for any medication I had to take during work hours.
    After 100 days of that I could stop, and my colleagues suddenly missed my "3pm tea-break alarm" !
    Wishing you tons of luck holding on to your sanity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just makes me so happy for you. Can't wait to hear the next update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad things are chugging along. FX crossed that everything goes smoothly, the bloat fades a bit, and great eggies retrieved from the donor. #letsgoSlackieO

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so, so amazingly excited for you. Hoping everything goes as smoothly as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping you get some good results. I detest Lupron as much as I detest clomid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lupron SUCKED. Glad things are moving well. I'm so excited for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking about you and my fingers and toes are crossed for you!! ~Jes "Baby Steps to Motherhood" and "Learn to Pivot." xo

    ReplyDelete