- Yardwork. Prof and I got out there together for a while just before the sun went down Friday. That was about the only time it got cool enough to be functional outdoors. Normally I do the yardwork by myself, but he joined me by special request and it was kinda nice!
- Salon time for Slackie. I got waxed and then had a lovely spa pedicure, foot massage and all. I even broke out of my mold and tried a new color - and I love it. You should all be very proud!
- Business gathering with the Professor. I usually skip out on business socializing with Prof's colleagues, but I put on my big girl pants and went to the party with him. I even talked to nearly every person in attendance. Trust me, that is a big deal for ME.
- Met BFF(B) for coffee. Girl chat, catching up, a little cooperative bitching and moaning and I think we both felt better.
- Housecleaning. Above and beyond the usual weekend laundry and dishes. We are planning to have dinner out with friends and there is a chance they will drop by our house afterwards. So a little extra TLC in the public spaces.
- I am heading to Seattle this week for a conference. I will have a small amount of free time to myself, so I'm meeting up with BFF(3) and I'm so excited about that! I wonder if she's up for the aquarium?
- The day after I get back home, I have my first appointment with the new fertility acupuncturist. I'm really looking forward to it, though I'm also a little nervous. I hope he's lower pressure than my previous practitioner with the herb situation.
Sunday, July 24, 2011
I know. I've been a little low profile in bloglandia and the Twitterverse. I'm not going to apologize though. I've been making a concerted effort to get out of my own head and engage with the world around me. Major excitement (can you sense the sarcasm there?) that has kept me busy IRL for the last few days include: