Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Match Made

We have an egg donor.

We received the profile last week, sat with it over the weekend and accepted it today.

As I've mentioned previously, our clinic's donor program is strictly anonymous so the information we have to go on is pretty minimal. She is in her mid-twenties and very healthy and her family medical history is outstanding. We do have slightly more detail than that, but I don't think I'll be posting it here. The donor program coordinator (who has met her in person) says that her body type and general appearance are a good match for mine, though we would never be mistaken for one another.

That's all I need to know.

This is so surreal. I feel like I'm living in a sci-fi novel.

13 comments:

  1. YES! I am so freakin excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! this is exciting news! Hope things continue in such a positive way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! I am excited and hopeful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great! I am so excited to follow along with what comes next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surreal now, but getting 'real-er' every day from now on...
    My (NL) clinic advised to make the story of origin the story of the child. To leave it up to him/her to share or not share details about the donor (or even to know the details or not)
    (of course, that is if you have decided to tell from early on...)

    So yay for not posting that info here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah!!! Congrats on being matched!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Slackie, just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and your husband. My donor is scheduled for e/c for late September. You have been such a great & supportive friend through all this craziness, and if you've any questions or if you just want to rant, I'm just an tweet or an email away. Always.

    ReplyDelete