- Feeling that we are "tempting fate" and we will land on the bad side of the statistics again.
- Fear of being unable to protect our child or sufficiently control the environment.
- Fear of allowing child to supplant spouse in importance.
- There is NO GOING BACK.
- We don't want to raise children in our current location... this means a probable move out of the country.
- We need to seek out more parenting success stories to balance out all of the negatives we see.
- We are no longer afraid of living childfree since we've been doing that all along, so it feels safer.
Somehow, the act of airing these concerns and writing them down took a lot of their power away. They are all still there, but they are no longer holding us back.